I have story for you! Bear with me though because when you get to the end there will be a delicious plate of food and a recipe awaiting you….
We’re in the middle of a long drive. At this point in time it was several weeks ago so I couldn’t tell you where we were but we pulled off the highway and ended up parking near some hotel to cook dinner before finishing the drive. I pulled out my laptop to respond to a few emails while Sam started cooking us dinner.
Sam’s the kind of cook where she can just take ingredients and make something delicious happen. She doesn’t measure or follow recipes. I can kind of do that but that’s usually just if I’m throwing all the food on top of a giant salad or into a pan and scrambling eggs on top. 😉
Regardless, I’m sure you can imagine my surprise when Sam prepares one bowl of food and puts it in her spot at the table. I look up at her and she goes “well, this is what I’m having, I don’t know about you.”
Now don’t get me wrong, I can cook for myself but more often than not Sam cooks something and we both eat it so this was very strange. I gave her a funny look and she said “I don’t really know how this is going to taste…I can’t really smell anything today and I use that to help gauge my spices and how something’s going to taste while I’m cooking.”
She takes a bite of her food and looks at me. I ask how it is and she says “really f***ing good!” Well ladies and gentlemen, the girl was right. So with that, we’re excited to present the first recipe coming from the RV kitchen…
- 1/3 Cup Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 TBS Honey
- 3 TBS Coconut Aminos
- 3 medium cloves of garlic grated
- 1/2in of fresh ginger grated
- 1 small to medium head of red cabbage
- 2 TBS Coconut Oil
- Sea Salt to Taste
- 1 small to medium spaghetti squash
- Manitoba harvest hemp hearts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cut spaghetti squash in have length wise, remove seeds, add 1TBS of coconut oil to each side, sprinkle with sea salt, cover each side with aluminum foil, bake for 45 min or until tender.
- While spaghetti squash is in oven combine apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey, coconut aminos, garlic, ginger, and salt (to taste) in large saute pan. Bring to a simmer.
- Cut cabbage into thin strips and add to saute pan. Cook for 15-20 min stirring occasionally. Cabbage should have some crunch.
- Once spaghetti squash is out of the oven let cool for roughly 10 min. Fork into noodle form, mix with cabbage, sprinkle with Manitoba Harvest hemp hearts.
- Eat all the veggies!